Posted: December 21, 2018
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers for 2018, we pride ourselves on providing a fun, challenging and supportive environment that allows our people to achieve their professional objectives and goals while enjoying the journey along the way.
We are currently looking for an intermediate to senior level Biologist with Project Management experience to join our ever growing team of dedicated professionals.
We have an immediate opening for a R.P. Bio with five to ten years of experience in biological services within British Columbia. Candidates with more senior experience will also be considered. The successful person will have a thorough knowledge of local environmental regulations and their application to a wide variety of projects in industry and government settings. You are an effective communicator proficient in preparing and reviewing reports that meet regulatory and client requirements, while having experience in leading field programs and mentoring junior team members.
Specific skills and experience required:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small group of multidisciplinary biologists.
- A registered professional biologist in BC (RP Bio); with a M.Sc. is preferred.
- Advanced technical skills in freshwater or marine aquatic biology with the ability to design and lead study programs that address the needs of a project.
- Certifications in electrofishing, Riparian Areas Regulation, boat handling, SCUBA Diving (DCBC), and project management are a benefit.
- Experience in delivering reports that meets federal, provincial, and regional environmental regulatory requirements including environmental assessments with mitigation and offsetting.
- Clear and concise proposal and report writing with an ability to provide detailed QA/QC.
- Project management skills including project planning, preparing schedules and budgets, overseeing implementation, and the ability to produce deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including local developers, rail companies and governmental agencies such as Public Services Procurement Canada.
- Provide technical expertise to other business units such engineering.
- Experience in more than one of the following areas is considered an asset: freshwater or marine bio-inventories, aquatic effects assessments, habitat offsetting, species-at-risk surveys, marine mammal observation, fisheries monitoring, sturgeon monitoring, and stream/wetland restoration design.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits with a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing “Aquatic Biologist Position”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.