Department: Biological Services
Date Posted: May 11, 2017
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. We are currently looking for an intermediate to senior level Biologist with Project Management experience to join our ever growing team of dedicated professionals.
We have an immediate opening for a R.P. Bio with five to ten years of experience in biological services within British Columbia. Candidates with more senior experience will also be considered. The successful person will have a thorough knowledge of local environmental regulations and their application to a wide variety of projects in industry and government settings. You are an effective communicator proficient in preparing and reviewing reports that meet regulatory and client requirements, while having experience in leading field programs and mentoring junior team members.
Specific skills and experience required:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small group of multidisciplinary biologists.
- Advanced technical skills in either terrestrial or aquatic biology with the ability to design and lead study programs that address the needs of the project.
- Experience in delivering reports that meets federal, provincial, and regional environmental regulatory requirements including environmental assessments with mitigation and offsetting.
- Clear and concise proposal and report writing with an ability to provide detailed QA/QC.
- Project management skills including project planning, preparing schedules and budgets, overseeing implementation and the ability to produce deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including local developers, resource companies and governmental agencies such as Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Public Works and BC Hydro.
- Provide technical expertise to other business units as required.
- Experience in more than one of the following areas is considered an asset: terrestrial bioinventories, bird nest/raptor surveys, wildlife surveys, habitat mapping, fish and watercourse assessment; marine aquatic effects assessments, habitat offsetting, and wetland restoration.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com , referencing “Biologist ”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.