Department: Biological Services
Date Posted: June 14, 2017
Keystone Environmental is a rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. We are currently looking for a Marine Biologist with consulting experience to join our ever growing team of dedicated professionals.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and designing study programs that address the needs of the project including aquatic effects assessments and fish habitat offsetting for small and large marine and aquatic projects.
- Overseeing environmental monitoring of projects with works in and around water.
- Preparing and submitting permit applications for projects to federal, provincial and municipal levels of government.
- Identifying in the field and designing offsetting habitat including riparian areas, tidal marshes, spawning beaches, rock reefs and green shorelines.
- Mentoring junior staff in the field and support senior staff with project management.
- Writing proposals and supporting business development with marine and aquatic projects.
- Providing technical expertise to other business units as required.
Specific qualifications and experience desired:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small group of multidisciplinary biologists.
- A minimum of a B.Sc. and five years of consulting experience; however, a M.Sc. is preferred.
- Certified as a WorkSafe BC or DCBC Occupational SCUBA Diver is preferred.
- Experience in delivering reports that meet federal, provincial, and regional environmental regulatory requirements including environmental assessments with mitigation and offsetting.
- Clear and concise proposal and report writing with an ability to provide detailed QA/QC.
- Project management skills including project planning, preparing schedules and budgets, overseeing implementation and the ability to produce deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including developers, resource companies and governmental agencies such as Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Public Works and BC Hydro.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing “Marine Biologist”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.