MARINE / COASTAL ENGINEER,
Posted: November 20, 2019
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers for 2018 and 2019, we pride ourselves on providing a fun, challenging and supportive environment that allows our people to achieve their professional objectives and goals while enjoying the journey along the way. We have enjoyed many years of growth and will continue to expand our client base and service offerings.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
Our Engineering Department has an immediate opening for a Marine / Coastal Engineer.
The Keystone Environmental engineering team completes preliminary and detailed engineering projects in the practice areas of conventional to complex contaminant remediation and industrial water and wastewater treatment. These projects range in scope from several thousand to multi million dollar capital works with operations measured in years to decades.
We have an opportunity for a Professional Engineer, who has 10 years’ experience in the qualification areas listed below.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant engineering experience with Federal, Provincial and municipal regulatory knowledge
- A bachelor or post graduate degree in engineering
- Membership (or eligibility) in EGBC
- Experience in project management including planning, managing timelines, budgets and resources and supervising technical staff.
- Experience in the design and execution of coastal structures such as shore protection, rip rap, breakwaters, and artificial reefs.
- Experience in assessment / inspection / maintenance of docks, gangway, piles, and harbour features.
- Experience in stream restoration, habitat compensation, wetlands, beach nourishment, marine sediment remediation and/or dredging programs.
- Experience in business development, staff training and mentoring, and technical quality control.
- A history of providing innovative solutions and value added services
- Excellent English writing skills and excellent English oral communication skills
- The experience and ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
In addition to the points listed above, the successful applicant will have the ability to prepare tender documents, contract documents and specifications, and conduct field and office engineering support during implementation. Your solid foundation in marine or coastal engineering enables you to apply your technical experience to diverse and innovative projects.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, referencing “Marine / Coastal Engineer”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.