Project coordinator /
Posted: February 2020
Keystone Environmental Ltd, voted as one of “Canada’s top 100 Small and Medium Employers in 2018 and 2019”, is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. We are a leader in providing biological services to the federal government, oil and gas, ports, and major developers.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator/ Aquatic Biologist to join our Biological Services Department for an exciting opportunity to grow your career and work on a variety of projects.
We have an opening for an Aquatic Biologist with experience in environmental consulting or regulatory work within British Columbia. The ideal candidate will have five to seven years experience working with local environmental regulations and their application to a variety of projects in industry and government settings. You are an effective communicator proficient in preparing reports that meet regulatory and client requirements, while leading field programs and mentoring junior team members. You will be tasked with coordinating projects that relate mainly to aquatic issues, while participating in business development.
Specific skills and experience required:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small team of multidisciplinary biologists.
- Advanced technical skills in aquatic biology with the ability to plan and lead environmental assessments, regulatory responses, and habitat offsetting programs.
- B.Sc. in a relevant program is required, an M.Sc. Would be considered an asset.
- Registered as an R.P. Bio or eligible for registration.
- Experience in writing and reviewing reports that meet federal, provincial, and municipal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Some experience with project management tasks including planning, preparing project schedules and budgets, overseeing field programs, responding quickly to client requests, and producing deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including developers, government agencies, government procurement services, port authorities, oil and gas, and rail.
- The ability to prepare proposals, while developing relationships with clients.
- Experience in more than one of the following disciplines is considered an asset: aquatic species at risk, aquatic invasive species, fish habitat and watercourse assessment; aquatic effects assessments, aquatic and riparian habitat offsetting design and monitoring, wetland restoration, and project management.
Keystone Environmental Ltd offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package along with support to grow and develop your career to become a leader in environmental consulting.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, referencing “Project Biologist Position,” in the subject line.