Project Coordinator – Fisheries / Construction Monitoring
Posted: March 2020
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and growing environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, British Columbia, that strives to be the leader in providing solutions to environmental issues, while serving the needs of their clients. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers in 2018 and 2019, Keystone Environmental is committed to the success and professional development of their employees.
We have an immediate opening for a Project Coordinator – Fisheries/Construction Monitoring (i.e., three years of experience or more) to join our Biological Services department. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to expand upon their existing knowledge base by working alongside qualified environmental professionals and industry experts on a diverse portfolio of projects for a wide client base in British Columbia.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a team of multidisciplinary biologists.
- Strong communication skills including (e.g., writing clear and concise reports, preparing documents to a professional standard, emailing and speaking with contractors or regulators).
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science or appropriate Technologist Degree
- Certified Erosion & Sediment Control Lead (BC-CESCL) certification would be an asset;
- Project experience in one or more of the following:
- Erosion and sediment control monitoring (water quality)
- In-stream construction monitoring
- Dredge monitoring
- Riparian assessments (e.g. Riparian Areas Regulation)
- Electroshocking and fish identification
- Preparing environmental permit applications for fish/ amphibian salvage
- Environmental assessment writing (e.g. Fisheries Act, Water Sustainability Act)
- Coordinating schedules, preparing work plans, and mentoring junior staff.
- Experience working with contractors and / or regulators is a benefit.
- An understanding and experience working with the Fisheries Act, Water Sustainability Act, Riparian Areas Regulation, and local By-laws is essential.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience, engagement and career development.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Project Coordinator – Fisheries/Construction Monitoring Position”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.