Posted: August 2020
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers for 2018, 2019, and 2020, we pride ourselves on providing a fun, challenging and supportive environment that allows our people to achieve their professional objectives and goals while enjoying the journey along the way. Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement
We are currently looking for an experienced “Contaminant Hydrogeologist” for our Contaminated Sites Investigation department in our Burnaby BC location.
Keystone Environmental’s Investigation Department focuses on the potential for, or existence of, soils and groundwater contamination. Our clients are industry, developers, government, professionals (legal, financial, appraisers, engineers, and architects), transportation and manufacturing. Clients rely extensively on our investigation team to provide the insight needed to make effective decisions regarding the potential or existence of contamination.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced and talented Contaminant Hydrogeologist with the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Excellent field skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Contaminated Sites Regulations (CSR)
- Advanced competency and demonstrable experience in contaminated site investigations
- Ability to develop/coordinate contaminated site/hydrogeologic field programs to support work plan preparation and project management
- Advanced technical writing skills with potential for technical presentations/publications
- Advanced proficiency in evaluation/interpretation of hydrogeologic data
- General to advanced understanding of groundwater flow and contaminant transport modelling process and application of common modelling software
- Experience in technical review of internal and external reports
- Eng or P. Geo designation in British Columbia
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum BSc. an M.Sc. would be considered an asset
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing senior technical support to field staff and project managers
- Providing project technical coordination on large complex projects
- Providing technical training and mentoring of junior staff in standard operating procedures (SOP). Training will involve hands-on field training and certification of junior staff as well as preparing and presenting in-house technical sessions (lunch and learns).
- Updating and develop SOPs as required
- Preparing technical reports for large complex projects
- Completing field work on large technically complex projects.
- Managing projects
Join us in our fascinating future and make your career flourish.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Contaminant Hydrogeologist”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
320-4400 Dominion Street
Burnaby, BC V5G 4G3
Mon-Fri: 8am – 5pm