Contaminated Sites SPECIALIST
Posted: September 4, 2019
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers for 2018 and 2019 , we pride ourselves on providing a fun, challenging and supportive environment that allows our people to achieve their professional objectives and goals while enjoying the journey along the way. Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
We are currently seeking an experienced, eager and motivated Contaminated Sites Specialist to work as part of our Contaminated Sites Field Services group.
The Contaminated Sites Specialist position is responsible as a mentor / coach to junior field staff and the field lead for complex and challenging contaminated sites projects. The position plays a key role in the Keystone Environmental Training Program. The Contaminated Sites Specialist position is the face of Keystone Environmental in the field and provides exceptional client service in the domain of environmental consulting.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- excellent, communications, organization and interpersonal skills
- practiced at report writing and data analysis
- superior knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes and standards
- strong focus on quality and technical excellence
- superior technical knowledge of contamination fate and transport.
- the ability to make sound, defensible decisions in the field
- proficiency in the completion of Phase 1 and 2 PSI’s, DSI’s, remedial action plans and remediation programs
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background in environmental sciences/engineering/consulting and be experienced in all facets of contaminated sites field work and have:
- A relevant university degree
- A minimum of five years related experience
- Professionally registered as a P. Eng, P. Geo, P Ag., or eligible for registration
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 604-430-0672, referencing “Contaminated Sites Specialist”, in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.