INTERMEDIATE MARINE BIOLOGIST,
Posted: July 11, 2019
Keystone Environmental, voted one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers, is a rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. We are a leader in providing marine biological services to the Federal Government and numerous Ports and Harbours and are currently looking for an intermediate Marine Biologist with five to 10 years consulting experience to join our ever growing team of dedicated professionals. This is an exciting opportunity for you to grow your career and work on a variety of small and mid-sized projects throughout BC.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading field programs that address the needs of the project including: bio-inventories, sediment sampling, aquatic effects assessments and habitat offsetting for small and large marine projects.
- Environmental monitoring during works in and around water including marine mammal observation.
- Writing environmental assessment reports for submission to clients and regulators.
- Preparing and submitting permit applications for projects to DFO, FLNRORD, Environment Canada and Transport Canada.
- Identifying and designing offsetting habitat including riparian areas, tidal marshes, spawning beaches, rock reefs, eelgrass beds and green shorelines.
- Writing proposals and supporting business development of marine and aquatic projects.
- Providing technical support to other business units including engineering as required.
Specific qualifications and experience desired:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a group of multidisciplinary biologists.
- A minimum of a B.Sc. and five years of experience; however, a M.Sc. is preferred.
- Registered Professional Biologist (R.P. Bio) or eligible upon application.
- Experience with marine mammal observation and identifying marine vegetation and fish from coastal British Columbia.
- Certified as a WorkSafe BC or DCBC Occupational SCUBA diver to join our scientific dive team.
- Clear and concise proposal and report writing with an ability to provide detailed QA/QC.
- Experience in delivering reports on time and on budget that meet regulatory requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Training in project management including project planning, health and safety, and overseeing implementation is a benefit, but not required.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including developers, rail, resource companies and governmental agencies such as Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Public Services and Procurement Canada and BC Hydro.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, referencing “Marine Biologist”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.