Junior Biologist / Construction Monitor
Temporary Full Time
Posted: December 3, 2018
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and growing environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, British Columbia, that strives to be the leader in providing solutions to environmental issues, while serving the needs of our clients. We have an immediate opening for a junior biologist/ Construction Monitor (i.e. three years of experience or less) to join our biological services department. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to expand upon their existing knowledge base by working alongside qualified environmental professionals and industry experts on a diverse portfolio of projects for a wide client base in British Columbia.
The successful applicant will have:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a team of multidisciplinary biologists.
- Strong communication skills including (e.g. writing clear and concise reports, preparing documents to a professional standard, emailing and speaking with contractors or regulators).
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science or appropriate Technologist Degree;
- Project experience in one or more of the following:
- Erosion and sediment control monitoring (water quality)
- In-stream construction monitoring
- Electroshocking and fish identification
- Species at risk assessments
- Riparian assessments (e.g. Riparian Areas Regulation)
- Terrestrial ecosystem mapping (e.g. terrestrial species identification)
- Environmental assessment writing (e.g. Fisheries Act, Water Sustainability Act)
- Experience working with contractors and / or regulators is a benefit.
- An understanding and experience working with the Fisheries Act, Water Sustainability Act, Riparian Areas Regulation and local By-laws is beneficial.
The contract will run until April 30, 2019, but may be extended based upon performance and future opportunities. Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience, engagement and career development.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com , referencing “Junior Biologist Position”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.