Fisheries / Project Biologist,
Posted: November 15, 2018
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers for 2018 and one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates, we pride ourselves on providing a fun, challenging and supportive environment that allows our people to achieve their professional objectives and goals while enjoying the journey along the way.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
We are looking for a Fisheries/ Project Biologist to expand and develop our fisheries capacity.
We have an opening for a Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio) with seven or more years of experience in aquatic biology (freshwater or marine) within British Columbia. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with local environmental regulations and their application to a variety of projects in industry and government settings. You are an effective communicator proficient in preparing and reviewing reports that meet regulatory and client requirements, while having experience in leading field programs and mentoring intermediate and junior team members. You will be tasked with managing projects and clients that relate to aquatic issues, while further expanding our diverse clientele.
Specific skills and experience required:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small group of multidisciplinary biologists.
- Advanced technical skills in aquatic biology with the ability to plan and lead environmental assessment and habitat offsetting programs. An M.Sc.is preferred.
- Experience in writing and reviewing reports that meet federal, provincial, and local environmental regulatory requirements.
- Project management skills including planning, preparing project schedules and budgets, overseeing field programs and the ability to produce deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including developers, government agencies, government procurement services, port authorities and rail.
- The ability to prepare proposals and win project work, while developing relationships with clients.
- Experience in more than one of the following areas is considered an asset: aquatic species at risk, fish habitat and watercourse assessment; aquatic effects assessments, aquatic and riparian habitat offsetting design and monitoring, wetland restoration, and project management.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as support to grow and develop your career to become a leader in environmental consulting.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Project Biologist Position”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.