ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER –
Posted: March 24, 2021
Keystone Environmental Ltd, voted as one of “Canada’s top 100 Small and Medium Employers” for 3 consecutive years, is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. We strive to be the leader in providing solutions to environmental issues, while serving the needs of our clients. We have an immediate opening for an Environmental Manager of Development Projects (i.e., eight years of experience or more) to join our Biological Services department. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead a group of qualified environmental professionals and work with industry experts on a diverse portfolio of projects for a wide client base in British Columbia.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating environmental monitors for infrastructure projects including oil and gas, ports and harbours, and large land development projects.
- Reviewing monitoring reports for municipal, provincial, and federal agencies.
- Writing environmental management plans for submission to clients and regulators.
- Preparing and submitting permit applications for projects to municipalities, DFO, FLNRORD, SARA, Environment Canada and Transport Canada.
- Writing proposals and supporting business development of construction projects. You will interact regularly with clients to promote client relations.
- Providing technical support to other business units including engineering as required.
- Mentoring junior and intermediate staff.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a team of multidisciplinary biologists.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write clear and concise reports, prepare documents to a high professional standard, send well-written emails, and experience managing contractors.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science or appropriate Technologist Degree.
- Certified Erosion & Sediment Control Lead (BC-CESCL) certification would be an asset.
- Project experience in one or more of the following:
- Erosion and sediment control monitoring (water quality).
- In-stream construction monitoring including fish and amphibian salvage.
- Managing bird issues.
- Dredgeate management including underwater noise monitoring.
- Riparian assessments (e.g., Riparian Areas Regulation)
- Environmental assessment writing (e.g., Fisheries Act, Water Sustainability Act)
- Coordinating schedules, preparing work plans, and mentoring junior staff.
- Experience working with contractors and / or regulators is a benefit.
- An understanding and experience working with the Fisheries Act, Water Sustainability Act, Riparian Areas Regulation, and local By-laws is essential.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience, engagement and career development.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, referencing “Environmental Manager – Development”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted