intermediate to senior aquatic biologist,
Posted: January 2021
Keystone Environmental Ltd, voted as one of “Canada’s top 100 Small and Medium Employers” for 3 consecutive years, is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. We strive to be the leader in providing solutions to environmental issues, while serving the needs of our clients.
We are currently looking for an intermediate to senior level Aquatic Biologist with Project Management experience to join our ever-growing team of dedicated professionals.
We have an immediate opening for a R.P. Bio with five to ten years of experience in biological services within British Columbia. The successful person will have a thorough knowledge of local environmental regulations and their application to a wide variety of projects in industry and government settings. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator proficient in preparing and reviewing reports that meet regulatory and client requirements, while having experience in leading field programs and mentoring junior team members.
Specific skills and experience required:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small group of multidisciplinary biologists.
- A registered professional biologist in BC (RP Bio); with a B.Sc., an M.Sc. would be considered an asset.
- Advanced technical skills in freshwater or marine aquatic biology with the ability to design and lead study programs that address the needs of a project.
- Certifications in electrofishing, Riparian Areas Protection Regulation, boat handling, and project management would be considered a benefit.
- Experience in delivering reports that meet federal, provincial, and regional environmental regulatory requirements including environmental assessments with mitigation and offsetting.
- Clear and concise proposal and report writing with an ability to provide detailed QA/QC.
- Project management skills including project planning, preparing schedules and budgets, overseeing implementation, and the ability to produce deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including local developers, rail companies and governmental agencies such as Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Public Services Procurement Canada.
- Provide technical expertise to other business units such engineering.
- Experience in more than one of the following areas is considered an asset: freshwater or marine bio-inventories, wetland assessments, aquatic effects assessments, habitat offsetting, species-at-risk surveys, marine mammal observation, fisheries environmental monitoring, sturgeon monitoring, and habitat restoration design.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package with a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing “Aquatic Biologist Position”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
320-4400 Dominion Street
Burnaby, BC V5G 4G3
Mon-Fri: 8am – 5pm