Posted: January 2024
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers for 6 consecutive years (2018 – 2023), we pride ourselves on providing a fun, challenging and supportive environment that allows our people to achieve their professional objectives and goals while enjoying the journey along the way. We have enjoyed many years of growth and will continue to expand our client base and service offerings. Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
Our firm has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager to join our team, based out of our head office in Burnaby, BC.
The Quality Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining an effective quality program in accordance with the Firm Permit to Practice, professional governing bodies requirements and industry best practices. The successful candidate will work with all levels of management and employees throughout the organization to ensure quality work practices and an engrained culture of quality.
This role involves:
- Preparing, updating and maintaining quality documentation for the company including quality forms, audits, checklists and procedures
- Managing our Permit to Practice requirements for various jurisdictions and services
- Internal quality audits for active projects
- Technical writing of standard operation procedures and work instructions
- Work with multiple specialists: engineers, geoscientists, biologist, agrologists, approved professionals, technicians and more
- Develop strategies to proactively improve quality culture on an ongoing basis
- Track and follow up on quality and professional certifications for the firm
- Provide training to staff and management on quality related topics
- Performing other related duties as required.
To be a successful candidate, you have:
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree in technical topic appropriate to environmental consulting and have 3 to 5 years of industry experience.
- Ability to interpret and apply environmental engineering principles, regulations and technical guidelines to area of specialization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for quality management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary team to improve quality controls in projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a teamwork environment and deal effectively with disagreements and prevent the escalation of conflict.
- Ability to work under broad direction from senior staff and use independent judgment to identify, track and address quality issues. Ability to identify opportunities and challenges to quality control and raise them to a decision making level. Proven ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- You can manage your time effectively and are enthusiastic, positive and focused on solutions, not problems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project.
- Previous experience in an Environmental consulting firm would be beneficial, but not required. An EGBC P. Eng. or E.I.T. Designation would also be beneficial, but not required.
$65,000 – $75,000 a year, for 3-5 years previous relevant experience
$75,000 – $95,000 a year, for 6-8 years previous relevant experience
$95,000+ a year, for 8+ years previous relevant experience
Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, relevant experience, education and/or training.
Please note that the range details above reflect the base pay only and does not include our competitive bonus program and benefits that we offer. Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to this posting. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.