Posted: June 2022
Keystone Environmental is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. Voted as one of Canada’s top 100 small and medium employers for 5 consecutive years (2018 – 2021), we pride ourselves on providing a fun, challenging and supportive environment that allows our people to achieve their professional objectives and goals while enjoying the journey along the way. We have enjoyed many years of growth and will continue to expand our client base and service offerings. Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a supportive and dynamic work environment designed to enhance employee experience and engagement.
Our Engineering department has an immediate opening for a COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST.
The Engineering department is a versatile group of 25 professionals that work on many different types of projects (NPRI, GHG, AEIR, permitting, climate change, wastewater, waste management, stormwater, landfill, sustainable remediation technologies, etc.). Our clients range from municipality, industry, developers, transportation, etc.
- Conducting and/or managing NPRI calculations and reporting, GHG quantification calculations and reporting, AEIR reporting, environmental compliance audits, environmental permit applications, wastewater and stormwater treatment systems, erosion and sediment control measures, sustainable remediation comparisons, and/or climate change initiatives.
- Travelling to sites to observe site conditions, oversee staff and contractors, and conduct field engineering reviews to determine regulatory compliance.
- Preparing and/or reviewing of monitoring reports, audit findings, technical reports, design briefs, specifications, tender documents, contracts, etc.
- Being involved in project and budget controls, managing schedule, deliverables and staffing for projects
- Making sound decisions and considers innovation for practical and economical project solutions.
- Preparing and reviewing work plans, project designs, technical reports and contract specifications for operational and capital upgrade projects.
- Administrating and managing contracts
- Working with clients, contractors, regulators, and other stakeholders to successfully deliver projects.
- Often acts as a project leader and actively works to encourage teamwork, collaboration, and efficiency, supported by senior engineers.
- May supervise engineers and/or technical staff. Conducting peer reviews on the work of colleagues. Acting as a resource to staff members for advice and guidance on potential approaches and problem situations.
- Participating in the design, preparation and approval of engineering drawings and specifications in area of specialty.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- A Professional Designation in Engineering or Geoscience (P.Eng., P.Geo.)
- More than 5 years of environmental consulting or related industry experience.
- Experience preparing and submitting NPRI reports, GHG verification reports and/or AEIR reports.
- Ability to interpret and apply environmental engineering principles, regulations and and technical guidelines to area of specialization.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize project components for small or large projects so as to provide timely deliverables requiring a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary team to solve problems under circumstances that are complex and time sensitive.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license.
Additional skills of interest:
- Knowledge of climate change strategies, GHG offset projects and Criteria of Contaminants for NPRI reporting
- Experience with Environmental Management Systems & ISO standards
- LEED green building expertise in non-technical fields of practice
- Core sustainability concepts
- Audit experience and/or certification
- Permitting and regulatory knowledge in BC and Alberta
- Ability to work under broad direction from senior engineers and use independent judgment to problem solve and evaluate options. Ability to identify opportunities and challenges to projects and raise them to a decision making level. Proven ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- You can manage your time effectively and are enthusiastic, positive and focused on solutions, not problems.
- Interest and willingness to learn to supervise, coach and mentor junior engineers, technical staff, and direct reports, as required.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 604-430-0672, referencing “Sustainability Manager”, in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.