Senior Regulatory Specialist /
Posted: October 14, 2020
Keystone Environmental Ltd, voted as one of “Canada’s top 100 Small and Medium Employers for 3 consecutive years is a dynamic and rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm located in Burnaby, BC. We strive to be the leader in providing solutions to environmental issues, while serving the needs of our clients. We are looking for a Senior Regulatory Specialist/Aquatic Biologist with Project Management experience to help expand and develop our permitting and fisheries capability.
We are looking for a R.P. Bio with ten years of experience in planning and permitting projects. The candidate should also be an aquatic biologist (freshwater or marine) with extensive experience within British Columbia seeking regulatory approvals from DFO, FLNRORD, and municipalities. You are an effective communicator proficient in preparing and reviewing reports that meet regulatory and client requirements, while having experience in leading field programs and mentoring junior team members. You will be tasked with managing projects and clients that relate to aquatic issues, while further expanding our diverse clientele.
Specific skills and experience required:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a diverse group of biologists.
- Advanced technical skills in aquatic biology with the ability to design and lead environmental assessment and offsetting programs that address the needs of the project.
- Experience in writing and reviewing reports that meet federal, provincial, and regional environmental regulatory requirements.
- Project management skills including planning, preparing schedules and budgets, overseeing field programs and the ability to produce deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including local developers, oil and gas, and governmental agencies such as Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and Public Services and Procurement Canada
- The ability to prepare proposals and win projects.
Keystone Environmental offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package as well as support to grow and develop your career to become a leader in environmental consulting.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Senior Aquatic Biologist Position”, in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.